Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, May 23, 2011

SPA day!!!






Yesterday was SPA DAY up at the ranch and I started with Gigondas. Remember, she didn't even like to be touched a couple of years ago! Now, she stands and lets out BIG SIGHS when I brush her! Her mane is very easy to keep. She never gets tangles in it and her tail doesn't seem to ever grow! I've never trimmed it! (unlike Sunni's whose tail has to constantly be trimmed!) Is there some reason for that? I noticed that all the horses went through their mineral blocks, so I'll have to buy more this week. She sure came out nice and shiny, eh? I brushed her Saturday and gobs of hair came out, so Sunday, I brushed her again and she came out all coppery and shiny! :-) ALL the horses need a shampoo and bath, but that will have to wait a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

RoeH said...

I love ALL your blogs and what you are doing for horses. Like you, I have loved horses since I was first put onto one at about 18 months of age in Idaho. But I've never been able to have them since my parents left the ranch a few years later. They each have a soul. They are pure therapy.

Linda said...

My horses need a spa day! Nice.