Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Door knob on the lock shop~Sunday Stills Challenge~~050811


I stopped by the little thrift shop in the mountain town where I board my horses yesterday before I drove back down the hill to the desert and noticed this doorknob on the town's lock shop. Hmmm...pretty unusual for a lock shop, don't you think? I mean, I would have thought they would have had something either really fancy or a door with multiple locks, but they just had a glass door with this handle. That's why I love small towns! I may get out and drive around my neighborhood this morning and look for some interesting doors, but I surely won't be going up and taking photos of doorknobs here in my town! I'd probably get arrested! Sunday Stills Challenge for May 8, 2011. Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Oregon Equestrian said...

LOL. I sometimes wonder about the perception others have of the Sunday Stills Gang as we are out and about pointing our cameras at the oddest things.

"But officer...."

Anyway, I love the shape of the doorknob and would expect to find it on the interior of an old Victorian or Queen Anne home -- not a lock shop. Good catch.

aurora said...

Agreed, not typical for a lock shop - nice handle/pic all the same. I haven't gotten comfortable taking pics in public, yet. At times I feel like I am trespassing, likely because I am ;)