Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yosemite
















When hubby and I headed to the eastern Sierra over Memorial Day, I heard a tourist state that the waterfalls in Yosemite this year were incredible. Well, we stopped at Bridlevail Falls and I've never seen it with so much water. The spray at the top was blowing in the wind and we took the hike to the bottom of the falls. ***WARNING***If you do this, make sure you have a plastic bag or camera case for your camera! The spray is incredible! I didn't make it all the way and neither did hubby because of it. But, we got pretty close. One gal who made it all the way was covered with water!!! You could hear the falls all the way from the roadway. We saw some smaller waterfalls in Yosemite Valley and at the end of the day, we hiked all the way back to Yosemite Falls. Again, we've seen that fall before, but never like this! The Merced River (all of Yosemite's falls feed into it) was VERY full and running VERY fast!!! It was a perfect day for hiking and taking pics! I trudged around with two cameras dangling from my neck, while hubby had one on a monopod and two others! Here are a few pics from yesterday. The bottom two are from Glacier Point. We spent quite a bit of time there and ate lunch overlooking Half Dome. The top two are of Yosemite Falls. Look how the water has moved from the wind in the second photo! It was very windy down at the bottom of the falls and VERY wet!

5 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Stunning

DesertHen said...

Breath taking shots! Beautiful!!

Gail said...

Wow! I am speechless.

photogchic said...

Amazing...I want to do that some day.

Cheryl Ann said...

I tell you, there is NOTHING like Yosemite National Park! It is absolutely incredible! No wonder Ansel Adams spent so much time there! Ahhhh..... I wish!