Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quivira winery







Yesterday afternoon hubby and I just drove around and visited wineries near Santa Rosa, in Dry Creek valley. We stopped at Simi Winery, Sausal, Pedroncelli, and Quivira and stopped at Bella Winery. I wandered around Quivira while hubby tasted the wine and found these chickens resting in the shade during the afternoon! They have nicely planted gardens at Quivira and rotate their flowers during the year. Hmmm...something for me to think about, especially in the desert. Here are some pics from yesterday afternoon. And, tonight we had a delicious dinner here in Santa Rosa, at LoCoco's, with my friend Hope, who has a sister (we think) to Gigondas! Her mare's name is Pippin and Pippin is now roaming in a huge pasture. I got to see the foal that another one of her mares had 3 months ago and this little one is just so darn CUTE! Thank you, Hope, for a delicious meal and for a chance for us to get caught up on our horses! Tomorrow we begin our long trip home, but we'll spend the night in San Luis Obispo before heading back to the desert.

No comments: