Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dry Creek Valley, CA







Dry Creek Valley is home to the best old vine zinfandels in California. The zinfandel vines here in the valley range from 120-150 years old. They are just north of the Russian River as it flows across the Alexander Valley into Sonoma. Of course, hubby and I had to stop and taste a BUNCH of wine today! And, we bought about 8 bottles, two of which we had for dinner tonight, along with olives and sandwiches from a French bakery in Healdsburg. Yum, yum!!! Here are some pics from today's activities. I'm already homesick for my horses and can't WAIT to get back and smell them and touch them and interact with them!!! The dates on the side of the barn show when the Russian River flooded and how high it got and this barn is ACROSS the highway from the river! Absolutely incredible! And, I made some new friends today! These guys (gals) were in a barn where we stopped so that I could take some pics. We heard them inside the barn and they came out to investigate us! What a day!

No comments: