Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Plumber coming today!







Not much going on here today. Yesterday it was just too darn hot to even venture outside from the air conditioning in the house! The humidity was incredible. I noticed it right away when I let the dogs out first thing in the morning. ACK! So, I stayed inside and watched the Food Channel most of the day! Oh, and hubby and I found that season 1 of Rome is now on HBO, so we watched the first two episodes. And, we had salmon dinner with our daughter and SIL. A plumber is coming today because we absolutely cannot get the cold water turned off in our shower! It leaks and leaks and I'm not talking about just a drip! Today the temps should drop down to about 111, from 114. Phew! And, "normal" temps of 108 by mid-week. I thought if I posted these pics from January, it would help cool me down!

5 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Gosh you guys are having hot temperatures, I hope it cools down for you

Cheryl Ann said...

No. It won't cool down much. By mid-week, it should be 108 degrees, which is normal. July and August are our hot months and we desert dwellers do our errands very early in the mornings and then we hibernate all day! Just think of your winters and how cold and rainy they are. Here, we have to deal with the summer temps!

restoration42 said...

I am almost embarrassed to say that our predicted temperature is 58 degrees - all week. Thank goodness you have air conditioning.

Gail said...

If those temps keep dropping, you will need some fire wood.

Anonymous said...

I love those beautiful winter photos they make me feel cooler. I can appreciate the Mexician Seasta and naptime in the hot part of the afternoon.