Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thunderheads





















Tis the monsoon season. Our daughter was born on July 25 and believe me, July and August are our monsoon months. The thunderheads are beautiful to watch, but they can be dangerous. I took these photos on Wednesday and that afternoon, lightning started 3 fires down in Hemet, CA, which are still burning. We got some sprinkles in the desert (the rain evaporated before it hit the ground),but up in the mountains, the horses got a good soaking! More thunderstorms are forecast for this afternoon, so I'll go up to the ranch early this morning!

No comments: