Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Saturday~Cali and the water


No, I didn't take this photo(...sigh...). I'm still learning so much about photography! A fellow blogger and friend of mine, Barb, came up with me yesterday and while I worked with the horses, she took many photos of them, including this one. Just look how the water droplets seem frozen in time! I told her, "Sometimes I run around with my Canon camera around my neck and I just point and shoot!" I always seem to get the railings in the way and my Canon can only zoom 3x, so it was good to see somebody else take photos and then look at hers. They are all beautifully composed. If you want to see her blog, you may visit it at: http://worldlensphotography.blogspot.com. She has an incredible eye and I really appreciated her coming with me yesterday. She's from New Zealand and grew up on a ranch there, so she's very familiar with farm animals! Next time, I'll let her give Cali a bath!!! HA~ she'll just roll in the manure as soon as she's done and be all dirty again!

3 comments:

lisa said...

She sure did do a great job! You are like me. I have this fantastic new camera and I still have a heck of a time getting pictures that I know my camera can take.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

That top pic of Cali is sooo cute! And, so is the water one. She's a beauty. We got through the hot shoe process last week with flying colors. Took me 3 days to convince Bell to stand quietly in the barn. But we did it. Baby steps...

sandy said...

Love the color on her.