Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yucca Valley



I returned to Yucca Valley one day last week to drive around and see some of the things that I didn't get to see (except fleetingly) when hubby was with me.  THANK GOODNESS he went back to work!  I love this huge horse statue, which is in front of a saloon!  And, this coffee house has been there for 50+ years!  The 29 Palms Marine base is up in this high desert and we constantly see Marines on the move!  On this day, there was a convoy traveling through town on their way to the base.