Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Transformation~Our World Tuesday~012913



Friday and Saturday and even Sunday our desert world was transformed into a magical, mystical world.  When I lived near Los Angeles, we used to call it "June gloom".  We don't often get this kind of fog here in the desert, so, of course, I had to run out and take photos of it!  I believe it has been a couple of years since we've seen so many low clouds.  We certainly didn't have this last winter.  The desert changed from a harsh, dry environment so one of wonder, with clouds hugging the mountains and caressing them.  I spent 3 hours out and around Saturday morning, marveling at this new world!   :-)  Our World Tuesday for January 29, 2013.  We had gorgeous high clouds yesterday, then a break, and then another weekend of clouds and rain. To visit OWT, please go to:    http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fog is magical!

Laura said...

absolutely beautiful... such richness in the variety of grays.

Anonymous said...

I love this. It is wildly beautiful!
McGuffy's Reader
http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

cheyenne jones said...

It looks fantastic!

amanda said...

I love the effect fog & low hanging clouds have on photos - magical is right! I can only imagine how much more so they are when they are such a unique/ rare occurrence.
Happy that you were able to revel in it, and thanks for sharing!