Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Pretty Gigondas


As you all know, Gigondas is my big red thoroughbred rescue mare.  Out of all my remaining horses, I'd say she is second smartest, after Scout.  Scout, of course, is THE SMARTEST.  Gigo (as we call her) always remembers her lessons and TRIES to please.  My trainer grooms her every week now and Gigo let her in around her head.  That's a BIG step forward!  She seems to enjoy her grooming sessions.  I returned to the ranch on Saturday and groomed all the horses.  It was too cold to do anything else and it was relaxing for me and them.  Quad isn't limping at all (thank goodness!) after his romp all over the ranch.  It was good to spend time with them Saturday because another snow storm came plowing through on Sunday.  I don't know how much snow the ranch got, but I'll soon find out.

2 comments:

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

WOW sounds like your getting a fair bit of snow, Gigo is sooo cute!

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

sounds like Gigo, is going pretty well and awesome! Sounds like you guys get a fair bit of snow.