Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, January 28, 2013

At the park




So Saturday morning I headed out with my camera, eager to take photos here in the desert of the low lying clouds.  There were plenty of them hanging on our mountains.  I didn't even drive up to the horse ranch all weekend.  It was just too rainy and I know they are in good hands.  I drove down to our local civic center park, which is only a couple of blocks from our house.  There was a gentleman there feeding the ducks and now there's a white goose (Seymour).  I noticed that he was feeding them Cheerios, so I tagged along and ended up talking to him (Ron) for a while.  Apparently he comes every morning to feed the ducks and goose and Canadian geese.  I was intrigued by Seymour's body language.  Since he is so tall, he towers over the others ("see more") and can easily intimidate them.  If I have time, I'll stop by there this morning and see is Seymour is getting his breakfast.  Yesterday I just stayed home and cleaned out some things in the garage.  I was pleased to find some school supplies out there that I can use.  Then we were invited to our daughter's for spaghetti dinner!  :-)

3 comments:

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

you really do taking stunning photographs!

Christine said...

Love the photos and Seymour's name!

Christine said...

Love the photos and Seymour's name!