Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Desert wash

I drove the other way yesterday, up into Thousand Palms Canyon, instead of heading up the hill.  Actually, I was going to drive up to the horses after lunch.  Our daughter called and wanted me to stop by and help them with their yard sale, but I ended up staying there for 3 hours!  Not much was sold.  Not her computer desk, her chair, or some of the grandson's tricycles, which were hardly used.  People did buy small items~tablecloths, some chili bowls, and some Christmas ornaments.  I'd say they made about $20.00...Anyway, after I came home and ate lunch, I fell asleep for 2 hours and THAT was my afternoon!  So, I never made it up to the horse ranch.  I'll go up there about noon today, FOR SURE!  With our cold temps, I always like to make sure the herd gets an extra meal.  They should be down here, eh?  Look at that beautiful desert scene!  Of course, when it's 120 degrees in the summer, they wouldn't like that!

1 comment:

Christine said...

It does look gorgeous, though!