Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Speaking of animals...

Be sure to read Joe's blog today about a car that threw out a little black dog.  The dog ran and ran after the car, which was speeding away.  Joe tried to catch it, but it eluded him.  http://www.tbfriends.com/  Such a sad story.  I remember one time when I taught at a school even further out in the rural area of our county.  The car in front of me slowed down and something flew out the passenger side window.  It then sped off.  I stopped to look at what it was and it was a kitten.  I took him to school with me, because that's where I was headed, gave it some water, and it promptly curled up and took a nap!  One of my boys took him home and named him "Lucky".  I hope Joe is lucky today and finds the little dog and takes him to his ranch where he will be spoiled and pampered!~  GO JOE!  :-)

3 comments:

Sage said...

I found a puppy this way once and gave it to a little boy that needed a dog. Can't understand why people are so cruel to animals. It seems the more we try to educate people about animals the more animal abuse there is.

Mikey said...

That is beyond sad. I've seen it too, and been unable to catch the animal. It's so heartbreaking. People suck.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Terrible that people treat animals that way :(

~Lisa