Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Me on a horse!!! FINALLY!!!

This is me yesterday on Riley, my lesson horse, who is the MOST patient and calm horse I've ever seen!  Nothing bothers him and he yields nicely to leg pressure!  He has kids climbing all over him for lessons, too, so he's pretty mellow about everything!  My legs felt good yesterday and didn't hurt at all.  I practiced dismounting and when I dismounted at the end of my lesson, all went well!  (((BIG SMILE)))  I practiced it over and over until my legs knew where to go and what to do!  (I have nerve damage in my back which effects my legs and balance...)

6 comments:

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

YAY! Glad that all went well, and your legs felt good! That is always a plus side! awww sorry to hear about the nerve damage in your back :( xx

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay you! You look good up there!
And way to go on the dismounting. I still have some clumsiness at time while mounting. I'm not sure if my hip displasia or wonky, creaky knees affects that, or just that I'm clumsy in general. lol! Most of the time when I have issues with dismounting, it's after a 3-5 hour long trail ride in the mountains, and I think my legs are just exhausted and weak by that point. :P

~Lisa

aurora said...

What a wonderful thing, congrats!

Katharine Swan said...

Look at how confident you look! You'd never known you'd been out of it for a while. You go, girl -- keep it up! ^_^

Unknown said...

That is terrific news!!! I'll bet you are just elated!!!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

How wonderful to see you riding!