Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Chickens and chicken butts





Hubby and I went up to my friend Barb's place last night for dinner.  We brought vegetables for grilling, wine, and desert.  They had chicken and steak.  It was a nice break from the desert heat (it was 104 yesterday)...She called me to warn me that once the sun set, it would get cold, and it did.  They had a huge rainstorm last Saturday and most of their yard flooded.  She told me they'd been shoveling mud all week!  I always love to stop by her ranch to see the chickens, horses, goats, turkey, dogs, and cats. I was fascinated by her chickens and chicken butts (as you can see).  They were very friendly and they followed us around the ranch.  She threw out some vegetables for them and one went running off with a clump of cauliflower!  And, for those of you who are interested, she just got 3 silky chicks!  Two are white and one is gray. We all had a delightful time last night and we could sit and stare up at the stars and Milky Way!  Here are some pics from last night.

No comments: