Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, July 16, 2012

A horse and a smile...




My friend Susan needed some horse time Saturday, so we met and rode up together to the horse ranch.  We brushed all 5 horses and Quad got a nice spa day!  I didn't get a photo of it, but when Sue was in with Scout, she led her around by just putting her hand under her muzzle!  Amazing!  Scout is very intuitive with people and she's very calm with those who need a special horse.We scrubbed out their water trough and loved on each horse.  It was a good day.  I came home and took a 3 hour nap!!!

5 comments:

Once Upon an Equine said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I just hobbled down to the barn to feed and surprisingly my sore leg is relaxing a bit.

I love your spa day. What a fun way to share your horses with a friend. And a 3 hour nap to boot! Wonderful! I can't remember the last time I got a good, long nap like that. Maybe today. :-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awww, nothing better than horsie time..and with a good friend who loves horses, too, just makes it even better.
Sounds like Scout and your friend were bonding together in the ancient equine Waterhole Rituals....Companion Walking :)

~Lisa

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

I love your spa day, gatsby will be needing one soon ;) sounds like you had a good time :) xx

Christine said...

Looks like a lovely way to spend a day!

aurora said...

What a great day, pure enjoyment in those photos!