Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hummingbird lady


Cathy, the ranch owner, loves animals, which is why she has so many horses, birds, and dogs!  She also puts out hummingbird feeders and is now refilling them daily.  The adults have flown off, but these are this year's babies.  They are adorable!  And, yes, they fight over the feeders and chase off one another.  Here's a couple of photos from yesterday. The babies are so tame around Cathy that she can go stand next to a feeder and they aren't afraid of her!

3 comments:

NeighGirl said...

I have always loved humming birds :)
Neighgirl

Cactus Jack Splash said...

That is neat. I love those little birds

Sage said...

I have known several people who have had this experence. I used to feed them but feed mixture gets to hot here