Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

A view of Quad


I didn't get up to see the horses yesterday. First, I had to take my dog, Ripley, in for her shots as they had expired. So, off we went to the nearby vet clinic. Only $20.00 for her DHPP shot (her rabies shot is still good...) and I donated another $20.00 to help a shelter dog. I made an appointment for next Saturday morning to have Abby spayed. She's gone through several heat cycles (She's my half-Oriental shorthair black cat) and, frankly, hubby and I don't think we can STAND another one! MMMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW! Oye, vei! So, that took most of the morning. I ran some errands and by then it was noon and after I ate my lunch, I took a nap. I'm still recovering from my latest bout of bronchitis and I don't have much stamina. I did go for a quick early morning walk (only 15 minutes) because that was all I could do! Finally, hubby needed my car to drive to Indio to watch the UCLA/USC football game, and I stayed home with the dogs and did some school work. Yeah, that's Quad diving headfirst into his feed, like me with my lunch yesterday...leftover mashed potatoes and steak. Yum, yum! Oh, and a nice BIG green salad! No wonder I needed a nap! I'll be driving up today and I'm hoping that with our warm weather spurt, I can get some pics of the horses.

2 comments:

DesertHen said...

He is such a big, beautiful horse!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

He looks good.