Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Busy day yesterday!







I took my nearly two year old cat, Abby, in to be spayed yesterday (FINALLY!)...I had to save up quite a while to afford it. I dropped her off at 7:30 a.m. at the animal clinic. Since I was near the burned-out palm oasis, I decided to hike back to it and take some photos. Hubby and I saw the fire the night it burned, while driving home from our daughter's house in Indio. There are several palm oases along the San Andreas fault zone area and this one was near the Coachella Valley Preserve. Fortunately, none of their palms burned. The cause of this fire has not yet been revealed and is still under investigation. Well, these things don't just ignite on their own, so I suspect arson. My morning walks paid off as I was able to hike back there (the grove is about 1/2 mile from the road) and I wasn't even winded! And, my bronchitis is barely hanging on and I only coughed a few times! After that, I headed toward Indio to buy some produce from a stand that my aunt told me about. And, finally, since the polo grounds were just down the street, I drove by hoping to see some ponies being exercised and caught this guy with a few of them. I picked up my cat that afternoon and once home, she hightailed it and hid under the bed for several hours. I think she's mad at me! Heck, I purchased the extra pain medication for her, I mean, WHAT does she want? It won't wear off for another 24 hours and then I'm sure she will tell me ALL about it! My aunt wants to get out of her house for the day, so she's coming with me up the hill to visit the horses this morning. It was 83 degrees in the desert yesterday and today it is forecast to be even hotter!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Enjoy your day!

This morning we have snow flurries with hard winds...I am not eager to go out.

Linda said...

Don't you love it when you can see the benefits of exercise? Lucky you--83 degrees. I usually love the snow, but ours is melting--so wet and cold--YUCK!

lisa said...

I have to get my dogs to the vet, so I sure know how you feel when it comes to the money end of it! I kept putting if off and off!