Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Up to see the herd today!


I can't wait to see the herd today! Hubby is working and I'm taking a friend up to see them. She used to have horses and rode frequently, but...alas, she is "without horse" right now. She works at the dentist office that I went to a couple of weeks ago. I chipped one of my porcelain fillings and now I have to return in June to get it fixed. (It's a two hour job, along with replacing ANOTHER filling that I broke!) MY BAD! Anyway, I've known her for several years, but never mentioned my horses until one visit! And, she mentioned that she would LOVE to come with me, brush, groom, wash, walk, ride...she's willing to do ANYTHING! Oh, boy! I can hardly wait! So, we're going to meet at Starbucks and I'll drive her up with me. Not many people enjoy driving the winding mountain road up to the horses! Yesterday I gave the little RAV a nice, quick $5 drive-through wash and she's all sparkling outside! Plus, she got a tankful of gas! She's READY to go and so am I! It was a L-O-N-G week at school this past week. The kiddos are bored and restless. Apparently teachers aren't the only ones counting the days until summer vacation! Hopefully we'll get Quad saddled and maybe she will take him for a little ride!

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Have a grand day.
Is that Quad sporting a saddle in that photo? Hope you guys get to take him for a spin.

Gail said...

Sounds like a grand plan. I would enjoy it tremendously.

aurora said...

How fun! Bet the herd will love their new friend. Enjoy!!