Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Daddy was an appy and Momma is a dun!






















Oh, my! Shiloh Horse Rescue is quite an experience! We are still on the road and this morning we are driving through Red Rock Canyon, then through the Mojave National Preserve, then home. I'll have to go to school tomorrow and REST!!! But, I did get to see BB and his mom, Nevada, at Shiloh before the clinic started. If you don't know their story...the mom, Nevada, was pregnant and at the Fallon feedlot when Shiloh went there one time. Nevada was rescued and brought back to Shiloh to give birth to little BB. Isn't he just the cutest little thing? And, he is curious and friendly and he quietly watched the goings-on in the arena yesterday right next to him! Just look at all his spots! Mom is very quiet and calm and allowed me to handle BB, who was very curious about my camera! I enjoyed the clinic and learned some important things which I can't wait to try out on the mustangs. And, 9 people brought their horses there to the clinic, so it was good to see how others interacted with their horses. Anyway, here are some pics of BB and Nevada from yesterday. It was a beautiful, crisp, and clear day at Shiloh, with a little wind. However, next time I'll be sure to bring a portable chair and a bandana for my neck as there wasn't any shade out by the arena! I noticed other auditors brought chairs, bandanas, and plenty of sunscreen! I had my sunscreen on, but I could have used a chair! If you want info on Shiloh Horse Rescue, here's their link: http://shilohhorserescue.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

aurora said...

Awwwe, what a cutie - love the mane, and of course spots! Nevada looks like a good mom.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

What a lovely little guy. Glad you had a good time at the clinic.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable! I did mention to bring a chair though in my email....oh well, maybe next time. :(

I am glad you made it out and that you had a great time. Feel free to come back out anytime you like as the gates are always open.

Have a wonderful night, an I will be in touch soon. :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, BB sure is cute and will grow into a looker for sure.

Good advice about the chair and sunscreen. I will remember to bring those items this next weekend when I audit a trail class down in Corrales.


~Lisa

Cheryl Ann said...

I would have packed more, but hubby was rushing me, trying to get on the road! I usually have my "horse bag" in whatever car I'm driving and it was in the RAV, not the CRV. I keep all kinds of stuff in it like bandanas, my gloves...I don't have a folding chair, but I'll be looking for one since we are planning on doing some camping this summer. Now that I've been to one clinic and I saw what other folks had, I'll be more prepared next time!