Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sheer delight!











Yesterday turned into a really long and busy day! I met my friend, Susan, and we drove up the hill to the horses. But first, I had to stop at the feed store and buy more sweet feed for them and also dog food for our two dogs. Fortunately, I can buy both at the same place! So, off we went to see the herd. The first horses Sue met were the mustangs and their two neighbors, who belong to another boarder. The black gelding is extremely friendly. Er...maybe a little too friendly as he wouldn't leave Sue alone! Sue has previously worked at a stables and is very knowledgeable about horses, so I was very comfortable with her first visit to the herd! The mustangs were a big hit and she really loved on Scout and Scout loved her back! Isn't it funny how the most aloof horse has now become the most loving? People always gravitate to Scout and she intuitively picks up on their needs and emotions and loves them back! I'm always amazed to see how she reacts with people and how people react with her! Anyway, here are just a few pics from yesterday. I'll be posting more this next week.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Lovely pictures, and looks like Sue is thoroughly enjoying herself too!
Dan
-x-

Gail said...

I can even see the horses smiling.

Rising Rainbow said...

Horse lovin" and blue skies, what a great combination.