Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Feeding time at Shiloh







Since hubby and I got to Shiloh early (being the early birds that we are...), we sat and watched the morning feeding. There are other rescues at Shiloh besides the horses...pigs, a llama, an alpaca, various dogs, kittens...there might even be more that we didn't see! It is such a busy place! Here are some scenes from Saturday's morning. I'm late for school (I overslept AGAIN!), but I'll post more Shiloh pics tomorrow! Today is our last day of testing...YEAH! You CANNOT believe how stressful state testing is. The kids are tired, worn out, and cranky, and so are the teachers!!!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Wow - lovely to see the animals together with that beautiful blue sky!
Don't know about the school testing as I'm from the UK, but I guess you are glad it's over!
I LOVE Banjo from your previous posts and look forward to more posts!!!
Dan
-x-