Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday breakfast and another surprise today!


We had breakfast with our daughter and son-in-law down in Indio yesterday morning.  They made bacon, eggs, a fruit compote, and croissants with Nutella and bananas!  Just look!  Today's breakfast is ebelskiver, which are Danish round pancakes.  Here's a link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86bleskiver  We always order them when we stop in Buellton and order them at The Little Mermaid restaurant.  I'll post some photos of them tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Barb said...

It looks delicious! I'm sure yours is the one without the strip of bacon, right?

Having family around has been under rated. So nice to see yours are close.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Your post is making me hungry! I made scrambled eggs for breakfast using fresh, free-range eggs from our own happy hens. Mmmmm!

~Lisa

Mikey said...

Yum!!