Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

storm update~Sunday




Our local paper is reporting that the Humana golf tournament was cancelled yesterday due to the high winds.  Several cars were involved in a traffic accident out on Interstate 10 and an apartment building in Palm Springs lost power after a tree fell on it.  In Palm Desert, tree limbs litter the streets.  We were LUCKY that our cottonwood and 2 large eucalyptus trees held up.  At one point, I did think we were going to lose our huge mesquite tree which covers our front porch, but it remains standing.  It's still dark yet and I may go out later with my camera for a drive.  The winds were clocked at 66 miles per hour at the Palm Springs airport!  YIKES!  Here are a couple of scenes from yesterday, up on Highway 74, which I drive to get to my horses.

1 comment:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

High winds are nasty. I like the picture looking down the highway into the desert. It gives us a good idea of the landscape and the road you drive.