Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday

Oh, my goodness!  The wind today is something ELSE~  I had to drive up the mountain to buy pellets for the horses and on the way, I wasn't even sure if I'd make it all the way.  It was that windy!  I figured I would just drive as far as I could and just see...I did make it, but it was misting heavily up there and and windy and the mist was coming down sideways!  I bought pellets for the herd, unloaded 4 bags, gave them some, and came home.  Along the way back down the hill, the wind gusts nearly knocked me off the road a couple of times!  I drove very slowly and pulled off onto each turnout, just to slow down!  Believe me, NOBODY was speeding down that mountain today!  I stopped to take this photo of the clouds moving along the mountains.  It's good to be home, but we just had a gust of wind that nearly took the roof off our house!  I was afraid that we'd lose some trees in the front yard, but so far, they're still with us!  UPDATE:  Hubby reported that several trees fell on cars over at the hotel and the streets of Palm Desert are littered with trees and tree branches! 

1 comment:

Barb said...

You're not exaggerating!! We had our power off for a couple of hours and apparently the 10 freeway was 'browned out' for a while today, also.