Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Weather forecast and orange rain!!!







Well, hubby and I head out this afternoon for the Sierras. It is supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday and SNOW Sunday night! We're staying near June Lake and they already had snow two days this past week. So, it should be an interesting weekend. Yesterday morning was unique here in the desert. We had some leftover monsoon clouds, so I headed out early with my camera to catch the sunrise. And, I wasn't disappointed! I've chased rainbows up and down the mountain and through desert canyons, but I don't ever recall seeing orange rain! And, it was right here in the desert. Awesome!

2 comments:

Mikey said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I've never seen it like that.

lisa said...

Awesome is right!!!! Just beautiful.