Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

RAIN!!!







I can't believe it! We've actually had rain here in the desert! This will be our second day. Unfortunately, at school, that means "rainy day schedule". THAT means that the teachers get no breaks and only a 30 minute lunch. That's hardly enough time to sit down and eat! I had no prep time yesterday because I had to dash out and pick up my class when it started to rain! Fortunately, I was able to print out some homework for them in my classroom. Desert kids are so funny! It's like they've NEVER seen rain before! They ALL, of course, had to immediately go to the bathroom and run outside in it! Silly kids! I got DRENCHED standing at the door, allowing them to go out one at a time and I'm surprised I'm not sick today!!! It really poured yesterday afternoon. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and it was raining here at our house, but now, at nearly 5 a.m., it was stopped. The forecast is for 60% chance of rain for the rest of the day...oh, boy! Another rainy day! Here are some pics that I took on the way home. Those mountains are the Sierras! You just can't see them because of all the clouds. The one with all the snow is part of the White Mountains, across the valley from the Sierras. Oh, and I ran out yesterday afternoon and threw out my African daisy seeds! With all our rain, they will sprout soon! I can't locate my bag of seeds that I bought at Home Depot...my California poppies and a wildflower mix! ACK! I hate it when I can't find stuff!

1 comment:

lisa said...

Awesome pictures of those mountains! Rain in the desert, can't beat that! ENJOY