Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lone Pine, Sierras, and flowers




This is one of our favorite roads. It's before town, near Lone Pine, right off Highway 395. It takes you through a large cattle ranch and you practically drive up to their front door! Hubby and I always stop here to take photos, then drive up the road, turn right, and go through the Alabama Hills. It was nearly the end of the season for the little sunflowers and I picked a few dried ones and brought them home with me for my garden in the front yard. Mt. Whitney is hidden from view here and two days later a huge storm moved in. We couldn't even see these mountains on our way back home!


1 comment:

aurora said...

Wow, what a stunning view!! I can see why it's one of your favorite roads.