Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Other neighbors











I took a drive early Sunday morning, since I figured the horses were still eating their breakfast. I drove out through Garner Valley. GV used to all be owned by the Garner Valley Cattle Company, which is still there, although at a smaller scale. I had decided that I would drive through the valley and see if any cattle were out grazing. Yup. I found two different herds of longhorns! They probably do not belong to the GV cattle company, since I don't believe they have longhorns. I also stopped at a former thoroughbred breeding ranch, which now boards horses. There were several horses out and somebody was out feeding them, so I asked if I could stop and take some photos. These horses were very friendly and one came to me to check out my camera! Hubby and I are driving up to Mammoth and June Lake over the weekend, so I'm sure we'll see lots of other interesting things! I'll update along the way.

No comments: