Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jack Frost visits our local mountains!


I found this article this morning in our local paper, The Desert Sun. Jack Frost visited our local mountains this week!http://www.mydesert.com/article/20101006/NEWS09/10060328/-8216-Jack-Frost-among-first-tram-visitors My kids were complaining yesterday that it was COLD at school. My horses have gone from 100 plus days to 70 degree days in a week. We have a huge low pressure system which is over Southern California and is bringing us cooler temps, but it should be back in the 90's here in the desert by the weekend. Here's Sunni on Sunday...he was so busy eating he didn't even look up! Look how long his tail is! Remember when Cali ate it off two years ago???

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a gorgeous tail! I hear you on the temps, I have been putting a sheet on my old man at night so far this week. I can't believe it is going to be in the 90s by this weekend! Crazy California weather :)