Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Quad and a little friend~Camera critters for 091209






















Quad has now recovered and is quite perky! And demanding FOOD! NOW! I'm going up every day and giving him an extra snack of feed, bran mash, beet pulp, and vitamins. His tummy is now fine and his feet are fine, and he is FEELING GOOD! Like he should! Hubby went with me yesterday and I worked Gigondas in the round pen and she did everything Valerie and I have taught her, so I didn't have time to take Quad out to the arena. Maybe today...I have to take my shepherd up to the vet for his shots and an appointment to give him some new meds for his skin condition (poor baby...) That's Quad with one of the ranch dogs, sharing his bran mash. And, just look at "Mr. Bran Mouth"! Yesterday, when I gave him his bowl, something immediately flew by my shoulder...a HUGE glob of mash! Quad had picked up his bowl and flung it upside down. Bran was flying everywhere! Hubby and I were lucky that we didn't get any actually flung on us! So, from now on, he gets it in his feeder!!! (I've learned MY lesson!)

5 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Glad to hear he is doing so well.
Maybe we will have pictures of him being ridden soon.

Anonymous said...

So glad Quad is feeling much better!

Luna said...

He is adorable!Beautiful pictures!
purrs,love and Happy Camera Critters
Luna

eileeninmd said...

Glad to hear Quad is feeling better and is on the road to recovery.
Thanks to your great care and love.

DeniseinVA said...

I too am glad he is doing well. Quad is magnificent and I have enjoyed your series of photographs. Thank you!