Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More mustang fun~~ That's My World for 090109






















Sunday my friend Molly and I each led a mustang down to the arena for some play and exercise! And, exercise they did! These two are just so playful! And, when they see us with the red bucket (full of feed), they line up by the gate and wait for us to come and lead them back to their corrals! GOOD GIRLS! That's My World for Tuesday, September 1, 2009.

8 comments:

Eleanor said...

What an exciting world you live in and so different from mine. Working with mustangs must be rewarding! The ones in your picture are beautiful animals.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Your horses are very playful and so beautiful. What a wonderful world.

Louise said...

They look like they're having a terrific time.

Larry D said...

Excellent photos of these great horses!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Boy they are really moving!

C-ingspots said...

First timer here...found my way via the blackbox. Very nice what you all do with the horses. Blessings for your kindnesses. You've put a smile on my face this morning seeing these beauties enjoying life and being so carefree. Very cool. Thank you!!!

Sage said...

Horses are always so enjoyable to watch when they are running and playing. You said this is first year you have had to use fly masks. How lucky you are. We always have to use them. I fight and fight flies but my neighbors don't. I also use the stinky flytraps, Spauling lab fly preditiors really help. They are a tiny wasp like insect that is harmless to people but lays it's eggs on fly larve and their larve eat the fly larve. We also use homemade fly spray instead of buying the chemical kind that will kill the fly preditors. You have to keep fighting flys always but cleanup is the best way. Good luck with your horses.

SandyCarlson said...

The strength and beauty of these horses are breathtaking.