Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cali




Cali is turning into a very nice, calm, mellow horse. I often take her for walks around the ranch. She doesn't spook and if she sees something, she will stop and look at it. She always comes up to us at the ranch and is eager to go for her walks. I took Cali and Scout down to the arena last weekend (before I got sick) and the two mustangs had a blast! Cali has a beautiful, long tail, which is up in one photo!

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Gotta love a Mellow Yellow Mare. She is so pretty

Anonymous said...

Lovely mare - the tail is awesome!

mrscravitz said...

I LOVE to take my girls for a walk. I do not ride when no one is home, and so for horsey time, I walk them. It helps with the buddy sour issues too.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Ditto, Cactus Jack Splash.