Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Cali-salon day~Mellow Yellow for Monday, 092809






















I took my friend Molly with me up to the ranch yesterday. We let Cali out into the arena while I worked with Gigondas in the round pen. Then, we took Cali up to the wash rack and put Gigo in the arena (musical horses!). We both gave Cali a nice spa treatment. We brushed her all over (her winter coat is starting to come in) and brushed her tail and mane. VIOLA! She looked like a completely different horse. She didn't even move a foot while we both worked on her. I think she kinda enjoyed it! Here are her before and after photos! The before ones are the top two and her after ones are on the bottom. What a difference! Mellow Yellow for Monday, September 28, 2009.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful - but white manes and tails are so hard to keep clean - my Lily is grey and I know what you mean - but it is satisfying for the 5 minutes they are clean.

Molly said...

Cali is your Vally Girl for sure. She was ready for the mall after her spa treatment.
What a fun day having too many horses to play with again.
Thank you so very much, my friend.

VioletSky said...

It must be hard to keep her clean with all that white in her mane and tail. I bet she loved having all the loose old hair combed out.

life's journey said...

Oh the horse is pretty. My sister in laws love horses. Happy MYM!

Katharine Swan said...

She is GORGEOUS! Wow! More pictures of pretty Cali, please! :o)

Gail said...

Beautiful! Nothing like grooming a horse to take the bad day outta you.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

O palomino,
prettiest of all horses,
delight to the eyes!


My Mellow Yellow