Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Desensitizing Sunni











Sunni continues to do well with his training! I have now seem him change from a sensitive, skittish horse to one that is confident and secure with both me and my cousin, Valerie. He now comes to her in his corral, instead of running off and standing in the corner! She drove over to the ranch twice this week while I was in school and worked him for an hour. She sent me reports about his progress. I am so pleased! Way to go, Valerie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks great - very calm!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I have been exchanging emails with your cousin. She is so horse smart and a wonderful person. You are so lucky to have her to help you along.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay! That's great progress.

~Lisa

~JarieLyn~ said...

That's wonderful. My husband used to want to be a horse trainer.

Love your blog and all the updates on all the horses.