Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Spring is in the air (literally!!!)

I went out earlier than usual this morning.   I've been waking up at 1 a.m., staying awake for a couple hours, and then going back to sleep until about 7:30 a.m.   ...sigh...But this morning I awoke at 6.   So, out I went as soon as it was light and fed the birds.   Off to the east, I hard a flock of geese calling.   Then, after I returned to my office, I SAW one of the grosbeaks which I have been hearing the past few mornings!    Finally, i saw 2 ducks flying north as I went in the back yard to feed the birds there.

So, yes, I guess Spring is really IN THE AIR!   :-)

I did my weekly shopping yesterday and was able to ask the butcher if he had any chuck roast.   He said he had some in the back and how many would I like!   2, please!    So last night we had Amish style pot roast.   You should have heard hubby!   We both have German ancestors and my maternal grandmother was Scots/Irish and German/Swiss and her female line was Quaker.   Her Swiss steak was so tender you could cut it with a fork!   So, after we finished, hubby asked, "Are you going to make another one tomorrow?"   So, I guess I have my orders for the day!

I cropped this photo of a bee out back on one of my sunflowers:   Little guys are ALL OVER my sunflowers and lavender!

No comments: