Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Had a nice visitor yesterday!

Even though our daughter and her family live only 11 miles away, we are social distancing.   However, yesterday she stopped by with 2 bags of bird seed from COSTCO.   So, we all sat outside (6' away) on our plastic chairs and visited for... 3 hours!   YES!    Hubby broke one of the red plastic chairs when he sat on it, so that is one less that we now have...sigh...   She enjoyed sitting on the porch, watching the birds, listening to them, and being visited several times by hummingbirds!   I guess they didn't like us on THEIR PORCH!

I went out back that morning and pulled more grass and weeds.   I still have a couple of sunflower spots to weed and then the back yard will look presentable!   I can hardly keep up with all the grass and weeds after our series of rainy days!

I'm going to try to finish the side porch this morning and then tackle the front porch this afternoon (or maybe switch them...)   They both need a tidying up and thorough cleaning.

It seems we have been adopted by a new feral cat.  This one is young, all black, and wary of the dog.   I saw him run into our garage a few days ago.

STAY SAFE AND STAY AT HOME!
XOXOXOXO
Cheryl




No comments: