Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Hunkering down

So, we here in California, over the age of 65 have been told to STAY INSIDE at our homes and self-quarantine.   Good thing I went out last week and stocked up on what I could find.   We SHOULD be okay for about 7-10 days.   Our daughter went to WINCO last night and bought a few items.   We do have stuff in our freezer.   We are hoping that the initial PANIC will subside.   However, the only meat we have is 4 slices of ham and 8 hot dogs, so I'm going to get creative with rice and beans!   :-)   This will give me a chance to learn how to cook beans... FINALLY!!!!!

We are doing okay, so far.   I had a headache yesterday, but I took some elderberry syrup and had 2 naps and I have a little bit today, but NOT like yesterday.   I've been catching up on the laundry.   I vacuumed the bedroom and washed all the linens.   Getting Bodie OFF the bed was a real chore!

I'm going to take this opportunity to do some of the things I've been putting off:   (1) inventory the pantry; (2) clean up my craft room (THIS will probably take a week!); (3) tend to my garden and pull out the weeds; (4) catch up on movies I've missed  (I watched "A Good Year" twice this weekend!); (5) work on some watercolors; (6) FINALLY learn how to use my camera on manual settings!

How about you?  How are you?   What are you doing?

Oh, and I've made some homemade sprays with alcohol and essential oils which I took with me while shopping.   One lady offered me $20 for my little spray, but I told her, "no"...The daughter is doing shopping for us.

ALL the grandkids are now off school here for 5 weeks.  Personally I think it WILL be for the rest of the school year.   Our daughter isn't even sending the 3 year old to daycare.   Oh, boy!   He IS a handful, but she now has a daily schedule of activities for them.   I found these activities for them to do at home:






XOXOXOXO
Cheryl

No comments: