Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Going to be doing some old fashioned cooking today!

I ran out to our local Whole Foods yesterday and scored some MEAT!   After eating nothing but sliced ham and hot dogs since last week, we were desperate.   They had ground beef, stew meat, and steaks.   I bought one steak to split with hubby and I bought 8 baking potatoes.   Today I'm going to make beef stew with WHATEVER I have on hand.   I don't have carrots or celery, but I'm not going out today.   I guess I'll have to cal it "2020 stew"?

Our local mountains got TONS of snow last night.   Some is even down to 4,000 feet!  That's unusual for this time of year...not impossible, but very late, especially after the first day of Spring!

I posted some photos of my flowers on my Facebook page yesterday (https://www.facebook.com/quad.dean.5), and here they are:

 One of my daisies on the shrub
 Don't know what this is
 snapdragons
 different colors of snapdragons
 My first California poppy.   It is sleeping this morning!
 Yesterday's clouds.   YES!   We had RAIN...real rain!
Droopy sunflower




No comments: