Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

I FINALLY got a phot of the woodpecker

Actually, I got about 95 photos of him yesterday, but I digress...

I've been hearing the woodpecker in our neighborhood the last few days.   2 days ago he was up in one of the palm trees in our neighbor's yard.  I heard him, but couldn't see hi.   Then yesterday he was teasing me by being out in our front yard!   Little BUGGER!!!

So, I was astonished when I looked up from my laptop to see him at one of the orange slices right outside my window!   Fortunately I had my camera right next to me in preparation of taking out the memory card and uploading my photos of the back garden.   So, I snapped away.   He usually flies off, so he must have been very hungry!   Sorry for these being so dark, but I was using my Nikon with my telephoto lens and I've lightened them as much as I can.


Yup!   There he is with his red head!

No comments: