Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Well, I had a productive day yesterday! (for once)

For some reason, I had a productive day yesterday.  First, I went out front and completely cleaned whatever I hadn't cleaned up in the front yard and put birdseed in the feeders.  Then, I scrubbed out 4 of my plastic buckets that I had up at the ranch.  I got rid of the crusted-on beet pulp and powdered psyllium.  YEAH!!! I went out to the back yard (we have about 1/3 acre) and dragged along one of our huge trash bins.  The city provides us with green trash bins for green waste, brown ones for garbage, and gray ones for recycling glass and plastic and aluminum foil.  You have to pay for the green and brown bins and we have 6 green ones and 2  brown ones.  So, I began by dragging one of the brown ones out back, intending to pick up all the TRASH I've let accumulate in the back yard (yes, I'm ashamed!).  Instead, I started raking up leaves.  And raking and raking.  I moved over to the side of our house where our unkind neighbors keep throwing the leaves from THEIR tree over the fence into our yard.  I hadn't tackled that area in a couple of years and the leaves were about a foot thick (I'm ashamed again, but remember ALL last year I had chronic bronchitis!)...Anyway, I filled up all 6 green bins and 1 brown bin with leaves.  YES!  There were that many!  While I'm only halfway done (I'll have to wait a week to continue), I'm glad that I had the ENERGY to do this.  This is the first day I've had in over a year that I've been able to work outside basically all day.  However, I can feel the mucus coming back...sigh... Today I'm going to run errands and hopefully make it to the certified organic farmers' market which is here in town every Wednesday.  I normally can't make it to the market and the last two Wednesdays it was cancelled due to the holidays, so I really want to go today.  I won't be able to go to another one until spring break in March, so I better get there today!!!

No comments: