Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Birds looking for breakfast ~ Birds~ ABC Wednesday~ 012214


I was up at the mountains early enough Monday morning to see several BIRDS (hawks) on telephone poles up there.  I haven't seen any bald eagles for almost a year now, but I think that's just because I haven't been getting up there as early in the mornings as I used to.  I did see several hawks, however, including these two, who were out hunting for their BREAKFAST!  The bottom one let me get right under him, but the top one flew off the minute I edged closer!  I love to observe their leg feathers.  I noticed that the eagles have very feathered legs.  BIRDS~ABC Wednesday for January 22, 2014.  To visit ABC Wednesday, please go to this BLOG:  http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

serious creatures
ROG, ABCW

ellen b. said...

Beautiful birds. I'm always excited to see hawks or eagles. In January here in the Pacific Northwest we tend to have more eagle sightings. I grew up in Southern California and went to the University of Redlands for a year so I'm somewhat familiar with the area you live in...

Leslie: said...

You are lucky to get such great shots! I'm never that lucky...

lesliea
abcw team

Ni de Aqui, Ni de Alla said...

Great pictures!

betty-NZ said...

Such magnificent looking birds! I'm sure they had no problem with breakfast.