Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, January 3, 2014

I started the New Year with a crashed computer

...sigh...Well, the new year isn't exactly off to a wonderful start...my desktop is FUBAR.  I never had an antivirus program on it (it was a hand-me-down desktop computer) and now it is FULL of malware and probably virusus, which the husband is blaming on my BLOGGING FRIENDS and Facebook!  Fortunately, last week he removed ALL my photos from it and I only have 3 files of photos on it, but our son is going to have to come over today and decide if it is worth it to pay $49 for an antivirus program or if we should just junk it.

Don't you just love computer issues?

Have any of you ever got a virus from Facebook?

***UPDATE***Laptop fixed!   :-)

2 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

You can download a free version of MalwareBytes. That should help. I find that viruses usually either come through attachments in emails or websites. Sometimes links direct you to infected pages. I always hover over a link to see the address on the bottom of the browser, and then search that address in Google to see if anyone reported problems with the site.

Cheryl Ann said...

Thanks, Nuzz! I appreciate this.