Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2:30 p.m. and 71 degrees

Don't hate me...I know most of the country is suffering through freezing cold, but it is 71 degrees here and overcast.  Dull and dreary, but not cold.  It will be down to 45 degrees tonight and about the same for the next few nights, with two more days of clouds.  Just how cloudy is it?  Here's a photo from the Toro Peak webcam, which is at 8,000 feet and sits and looks over the Coachella Valley to the north, Hemet to the west, and the Salton Sea to the east.  I'm not really sure what is south of us...Anza-Borrego?  Anyway, you can see that there isn't currently ANY snow!

No comments: