Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Friday

So yesterday I actually had enough energy to ...SIT DOWN... wash my car!  By hand!  I haven't done that in over a year (wash it by hand).  I usually do the $8 drive through car wash to get the bird poop off my car.  I feed them out front and they reward me by pooping all over my car!  Oh, well...it's the price of their feeding, I guess.  Anyway, I bought a green smoothie and had a shot of wheatgrass at our local health food store this week and I bought 3 bags of organic salad greens at the local farmers' market Wednesday, so I've also been eating healthy salads every day.  What a difference!  My energy level has increased!  The house is clean, the yard is clean, dog poop is cleaned up, I filled up 7 huge trash containers this week, I trimmed trees, I weed wacked, and then yesterday I washed the car.  I bought some Sal Suds from Dr. Bonner and boy, that stuff WORKS GREAT!  I even wiped down the interior of the car, picked up all the bird seed, rocks, hair bands, and old kleenex that were in it and filled up a huge box full of STUFF that I've been lugging around in the car for over a year.  Now I just hope I don't get the flu when I return to school on Monday...any ideas on how to prevent that?  I'll be taking a HUGE bottle of hand sanitizer with me and I have a homemade bottle of peppermint, lavender, and Dr. Bonner soap to wash down desks...

I babysat little Ellie Thursday afternoon so that her mother could lie down and take a nap.  It was Jennifer's first week back at school and she was exhausted.  I know the feeling.  Basically, I've had a 5 week break (6 school days off because of my concussion) and I only went back for the 4 days prior to winter break and for some reason, the kids were pretty subdued...So, it feels like I've had 5 weeks vacation!  I'm pretty rested, but my eye twitch is already returning...sigh...

Anyway, I still don't have my own computer (except for my iPad), but I took this photo of Ellie and Jennifer on Thursday afternoon.

No comments: