Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Joshua Tree sky

I don't have any horse updates, but I have a 3 day weekend coming up, so I'll get lots of photos then.  In the meantime, I am EXHAUSTED!  I now pick up the grandson two afternoons a week to give his parents a break from driving ALL the way down near my school to pick him up...(HELLO!  I'm only 4 blocks away from the babysitter!)...Anyway, after picking up him, then taking our son and the baby to Ross to pick up a chair for Ben's mom, and going to the grocery store, I can barely keep my eyes open!  I haven't had to hold onto a squirming two year old for 29 years!  Man, can that kid SQUIRM!  He was fine at the grocery store (his dad put him in the big part of the cart and he proceeded to open every box put in there!)  I got home at 7:00 tonight.  I used to get home about 3:30, but our school now gets out at 3:00, so I've been arriving home at 4:00 or 4:30, NOT 7:00 p.m.!!!!  If I keep this up, I'll love 50 pounds over the next year!  Whoo, whoo!  Do you have kids or grandkids?  Photo of Joshua Tree National Park when we arrived on Sunday afternoon.  Aren't the storm clouds pretty?  The park had just had a summer downpour and everything was wet and smelled deliciously desertly! MMmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

1 comment:

PatrickA51 said...

Which part of Joshua do you like the most?
Evelyn