Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Herd update~Cali

I took a quick run up to the horse ranch this morning...quick because it was so DARN HOT, even up there!  It must have been 90 degrees (in the mountains!).  I checked Cali's fly mask and, since this one has 3 velcro strips, it stays on.  Her eye sore is completely dried out, but I didn't want to risk flies getting on it and opening it up again, so I left the fly mask on her.  There were just a couple of clouds over the ranch when I left, but they quickly developed into huge thunderheads when I left and the ranch is under a "SEVERE WEATHER WARNING" of HAIL this afternoon!  I emailed the ranch owner and asked how they were doing.  Hail in August...????

No comments: