Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Scout's lesson, part 2 ~saddling









Scout has such a great mind I think I'll have my trainer work her every week. Plus, she has all that youthful ENERGY!!!! Maia lunged her both directions in the round pen, then walked her down to the arena last Tuesday and lunged her both directions the whole way up and down the arena. Maia really enjoys working with Scout, so that won't be a problem (working her every week)...And, I can proudly report that I can now walk up to Gigondas and touch her on the withers and back (NOT the head, however)...progress!!!! I've been driving up every day and washing out Cali's left eye to the point that she now doesn't like it...but her eye does seem to be getting better. If only Scout and her two neighbors would leave her darn fly mask on!!!! Any ideas/suggestions for that? They pull it off every night. There are NO empty corrals up there right now, so I can't move her...???

No comments: